Senior Assignment Editor Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2020-02-10
KOB 4 is looking for a qualified Senior Assignment Editor to help with and oversee the coordination and distribution of news coverage assignments to reporters and photographers to ensure excellent coverage of general assignment stories, special assignment stories, and breaking news.
- Serve as primary point of contact for Assignment Editors
- Communicate and work with News Director and news managers on overall assignment desk performance
- Develop plans and guidelines for daily tasks and duties unique to the assignment desk
- Monitor public safety scanners, fixed cameras, social media and e-mail while answering phones and keeping the newsroom informed of significant events and breaking news.
- Assist news team in coming up with story ideas and gathering information.
- Assign and coordinate logistics between news crews and live trucks; coordinate live and tape feeds from trucks and other transportation so stories can be broadcast live.
- Develop and maintain contacts with law enforcement and fire departments, local government and community organizations to stay updated on current events.
- Coordinate daily logistics and dispatch photographers, reporters, and multimedia journalists to breaking news.
- Assist producers, reporters, and web producers with story calls, setups and follow ups.
Complete other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors in Journalism, Communications or related field; 1-2 years previous television assignment desk experience is required.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Advanced critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment and with various personalities.
- Highly organized, detail oriented knowledge of news and news-makers.
- Computer literacy required.
- Must be able to make good decisions quickly; able to articulate choices and communicate those choices to other news department and station employees.
- Must have good writing skills including grammar and spelling.
Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Work with time sensitive information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate and operate personal computers, telephones and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.) for extended periods. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction. Ability to think quickly and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Ability to sit for extended periods. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting EEO Statement Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER