Maintenance Technician Hearst Television
Apply by 2020-02-02
KOAT has an opening for an experienced broadcast Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician maintains the technical integrity of the station’s equipment from acquisition to distribution. This position supports all station efforts in-house and on remote location.
- Maintains, diagnose and repair of all types of production equipment including camera system, switcher, analog tape decks, monitors, lighting systems, audio consoles, microphones, and other studio equipment.
- Maintains news-gathering equipment including ENG cameras, field gear, ENG, DSNG, and SNG trucks, editing systems, and support devices.
- Maintains, diagnose and repair support equipment including switchers, monitors, videotape machines, XDCAM decks as well as ENG van equipment including pneumatic mast, pan and tilt heads and control systems
- Conducts troubleshooting, installation, research, documentation, and cabling tasks.
- Assist in the general maintenance of the station and remote sites as needed.
- Should have 5+ years of experience working as a maintenance technician at a commercial television station with extensive experience in maintaining and troubleshooting a wide variety of broadcast equipment or 5+ years of experience in a related military occupation specialty
- Must have a solid background in broadcast television systems, with primary focus on field news ENG cameras, wireless mics, and support systems.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to repair equipment down to the circuit level.
- Must be able to read and understand technical manuals, diagrams and schematics
- Must be able to research sources for replacement parts and place orders.
- Must have working knowledge of computers, computer systems, and networking
- Desire to have skill with video production, microwave systems, IT infrastructure, and station automation.
- Desired to have experience maintaining and troubleshooting digital transmitters
- Must be able to lift, carry, and move up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, work on rooftops and in confined spaces
- Must be flexible to work various days and non-standard shifts as assigned
- Must have the ability to work effectively with other team members and independently
- Must be capable of following instructions, verbal and written
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must have excellent vision (with or without corrective lenses) with ability to read and distinguish colors.
Education & Background:
- Associates degree in electronic engineering or a minimum of two-years of an accredited technical electronics school equivalent.
- Ideal candidate will have worked for a major broadcast equipment manufacture in design, development and support role.
- Military training and experience in electronics, avionics or related fields will be considered.
SBE CPBE (or better) certification a plus.
- Military Broadcast Television Equipment Maintenance (BTVEM) course from Defense Information School (DINFOS) a plus.
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER