Executive Assistant to the General Manager Hearst Television
Apply by 2020-02-02
KOAT-TV, the Hearst Television owned, ABC affiliate in Albuquerque, NM, has an opening for an Executive Assistant. This position provides critical support to the President/General Manager of KOAT-TV 7 by performing confidential assignments, coordinating daily operations of the department, and handling administrative duties. The position also serves as the bridge of communication between the station President/General Manager, internal departments and the community. Demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with senior management and staff.
- Serves as liaison in establishing and maintaining working relationships both internally and externally, including industry related boards and professional organizations; exercises confidentiality, resourcefulness, and creativity in responding to internal and external inquiries.
- Maintains Outlook Calendar and coordinates meetings with excellent organization of the administrative office.
- Answers incoming calls; takes messages as needed; refers callers to other internal departments if appropriate. Addresses viewer concerns and problem-solves when needed.
- Handles administrative and business office correspondence; routes items to other appropriate persons as needed; independently responds to correspondence as appropriate.
- Learn various systems to pull daily, weekly, and monthly reports. Depending on the data collected more specific and specialized reports may need to be pulled as well.
- Maintains current list of contacts. Maintains current and historical confidential business files (hard copy and electronic).
- Works with others on the FCC Public File and necessary reports.
- Makes travel and accommodation arrangements; prepares expense reports for reimbursement.
- Completes projects and a variety of special assignments by establishing objectives; determining priorities, managing time, gaining cooperation of others, monitoring progress; problem-solving, making adjustments to plans.
- Coordinates all station meetings for equipment needs, staff notification and set up.
- Completes other duties as assigned for the President/General Manager.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail, which are critical competencies;
- Have organizational aptitude and expertise coupled with dedication;
- Possess strong grammar and writing skills;
- Work effectively and confidentially with a variety of people in a diverse workforce;
- Be adaptable to changing work requirements;
- Be able to multi-task;
- Possess a high degree of professional integrity;
- Demonstrate a strong client service orientation;
- Prioritize conflicting needs, handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with tight deadline;
- Be proficient with software applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint;
- Be eager to learn broadcasting industry and prepare reports and evaluate data;
- Be a positive, enthusiastic contributor.
- At least three years’ experience providing support to c-level executive or senior officer or equivalent combination of related education and experience including military experience.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally handle confidential and sensitive issues; proficient administrative skills to supporting executive level management.
- College experience preferred or equivalent work experience.
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Please visit http://careers.hearsttelevision.com/ to apply. EOE
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER