KOB-TV Chief Meteorologist Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-11-30
The position of Meteorologist is responsible content of station weather casts on-air and on our digital platforms. This position issues warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps and report live during weather events.
- Forecast, produce and present clear and concise weathercasts that tell a story and connect with viewers.
- Effectively utilize social media during severe weather and everyday situations, as well as write weather stories for on-air and online.
- Work with producers and lead fellow meteorologists to respond to breaking weather events aggressively and appropriately.
- Work with weather team and news managers to develop and execute comprehensive weather coverage plans.
- Enterprise weathercasts and weather stories in line with KOB`s Stands 4 New Mexico brand.
Report for special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Participate in promotional activities and public appearances.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming as directed by management.
- Bachelor`s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- AMS seal or the CBM from the American Meteorological Society is preferred.
- Experience with computer graphics and radar.
- Excellent weather and news judgment.
- Critical thinking, quick and effective decision making and live ad-libbing skills are a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demo reel or online portfolio required.
- Must have a valid driver`s license and safe driving history as determined by the Company.
- Driving record will be checked and a background.
Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.). Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply today at Hubbard Broadcasting Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply today at Hubbard Broadcasting
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER