Account Executive - New Business Development Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-09-27
This Account Executive position is responsible for selling advertising to clients and developing new business relationships by prospecting, developing and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales presentations, performing collections, maintaining client relations and sales.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets including spot, digital, and new direct business.
- Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner.
- Focus on new business development for KOB-TV, This TV, and KOB Digital on a continual basis.
- Identify qualified advertising prospects, secure an interview to find their marketing needs and challenges, provide marketing solutions utilizing our marketing products and services.
- Prepare and deliver proposals and sales presentations (to include customer needs analyses, research and supporting documentation and creative business solutions) with advertiser decision makers that help meet or exceed AE`s sales goals & revenue budgets.
- Keep Sales Manager / supervisor informed of challenges, successes, and revenue generation progress with pending business and prospective accounts on a weekly basis.
- Confer with and cultivate client relationships. Work cooperatively and collaboratively with current and prospective customers. Work to resolve client complaints and concerns.
- epresent station at client events and station-sponsored events.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and departments, vendors and the general public in creating effective sales solutions for clients.
- Create and make presentations to agency personnel, including selling and pre-selling the station audience attributes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to direct and agency accounts. Personally contact each active account regularly - defined as an in-person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent sales information.
- Obtain credit approval for new accounts.
- Ensure all accounts are paid in a timely manner. Follow up and assist in the collection process for past due accounts.
- Utilize Sales software in a proficient and productive manner.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance; report to work on time and work established schedule/hours.
- Be available to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed such as attending special events which involve clients (i.e. remotes and broadcasts which may occur before and after business hours and on weekends.)
- Complete all written business requirements within established deadlines. These requirements include but are not limited to: forecast reports, pending business updates, written orders and advertising copy.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings, individual meetings with manager and other necessary meetings and training as required by management.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of rates, promotions, inventory, and personnel.
- Continue to learn and stay abreast of trends in digital and broadcast advertising industry.
Engage in training programs and be proactive in making suggestions to improve our sales efforts.
- Be open to training from co-workers to learn the business and sharing new ideas.
- Concentrate on high profit activities to maximize revenue.
- Complete other duties as assigned, requested and needed.
- Previous sales, advertising, digital sales or media experience in an environment that creates value for an organization; and/or experience driving business growth.
- Working knowledge of and familiarity with, (or ability to learn) broadcasting and digital terminology and methodology.
- Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and competitive media
Strong computer skills including knowledge of / ability to rapidly learn sales software & Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and oral English language communication skills.
- Experience developing presentations for the purpose of direct-business selling and ability to effectively present and communicate in a professional manner with the ability to close a sale.
- Ability to respond to questions appropriately and think on feet.
- Must be a skilled communicator with the ability to establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner. The ability to motivate and instill confidence in clients is critical.
- Ability to read, hear and follow both oral and written direction is required.
- Must be able to think critically, analytically, creatively and logically and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently required.
- Must be able to drive, have reliable transportation and a valid driver`s license for daily travel to client meetings and events, and a safe driving history as determined by the Company. (Driving record will be checked.)
- Must demonstrate and/or learn to master effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and a "positive can do attitude" are required.
- Must be highly organized with sound judgment.
- Must have ability to work evenings and weekends.
Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to see, read, hear and speak clearly. Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals. Able to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including telephone. Sufficient manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.). Ability to drive own vehicle for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events. Ability to think critically, strategically and tactically and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Capable of average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Please apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER