Chief Meteorologist Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-08-22
The Chief Meteorologist will lead our daily weather coverage in new, innovative ways that break the traditional weather mold, connect with viewers` lives, and help build the most watched and most trusted weather team in the Albuquerque-Santa Fe market. The chosen candidate must possess strong storytelling skills, a compelling on-air presence, a love for our community and a passion for meteorology and leadership. The Chief Meteorologist will help develop strategies for covering weather using the latest tools, including augmented reality technology, for station weathercasts on-air and on our digital platforms. The Chief Meteorologist issues warnings and alerts, produces graphics and maps and reports live during weather events.
- Forecast, produce and present clear and concise weathercasts that tell a story and connect with viewers.
- Effectively utilize social media during severe weather and everyday situations, as well as write weather stories for on-air and online.
- Work with producers and lead fellow meteorologists to respond to breaking weather events aggressively and appropriately.
- Work with weather team and news managers to develop and execute comprehensive weather coverage plans.
- Enterprise weathercasts and weather stories in line with KOB`s Stands 4 New Mexico brand.
- Report for special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Participate in promotional activities and public appearances.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics and grooming as directed by management.
- Bachelor`s degree in Meteorology, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- AMS seal or the CBM from the American Meteorological Society is preferred.
- Experience with computer graphics and radar.
- Excellent weather and news judgment.
- Critical thinking, quick and effective decision making and live ad-libbing skills are a must.
- Ability to work well under pressure while meeting daily assigned deadlines.
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Demo reel or online portfolio required.
- Must have a valid driver`s license and safe driving history as determined by the Company.
- Driving record will be checked and a background.
Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.). Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Visit Hubbard Broadcasting to apply. Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Visit Hubbard Broadcasting to apply.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER