Chief Engineer Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-08-19
This position will help design the broadcast operation of the future, while overseeing all day-to-day and long-term engineering and technical management operations including towers, RF transmitters, on-air studio operations, automation systems, and all other related broadcast operating systems.
- Develops, maintains, administers and owns engineering departmental operations budget and capital budgets for studio and transmitter locations.
- Identifies, analyzes and trouble shoots problems or issues related to engineering, including studio and transmitter problems in a timely and effective manner.
- Works with and provides direction to engineering employees and others on solutions.
Provides hands on support as needed.
- Consults and collaborates with General Managers and station management on long-term and short-term engineering objectives, goals and action plans.
- Executes engineering objectives, goals and action plans and is held accountable for results.
Studies and plans for future station engineering needs including purchases and growth.
- Communicates how objectives, goals and action plans affect the stations.
- Leads Engineering staff.
- Develops strong department through applicable training, evaluation, and daily contact with employees. Establishes, consults and communicates departmental, station and Corp policies, procedures and guidance as needed.
- Knowledgeable of and applies as needed all current FCC rules and regulations. Ensures that all stations are compliant with FCC rules and regulations at all times.
- Brings forward-thinking solutions to workflow design, with strong knowledge of today`s IT-based systems and processes
- An associate or bachelor degree, or equivalent experience and/or certification, in broadcast electronics, telecommunications, IT or related field is required.
- 3-5 years broadcasting or IT experience.
- Thorough knowledge of current FCC rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of transmission, broadcasting, switching, control, and operation of telecommunications systems.
- Compelling detail orientation with strong attention to accuracy and problem solving, following up until issues are resolved.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment yet be able to work as an individual contributor.
Work well under pressure.
- Available to work with short notice including early mornings, late evenings and weekends.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
- Must have valid driver`s license and good driving record as determined by company policy.
- Motor Vehicle Record will be checked.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at Hubbard Broadcasting
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER