KOB-TV Account Executive-New Business Development Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-06-22
This Account Executive position is responsible for selling advertising to clients and developing new business relationships by prospecting, developing and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales presentations, performing collections, maintaining client relations and sales.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets including spot, digital, and new direct business. Prospect new businesses on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and complete sales presentations with decision makers.
- Make presentations to include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation, and creative business solutions.
- Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner.
- Update Sales Manager weekly on progress of pending business.
- Work closely with other departments in creating effective promotional sales solutions for clients.
- Create and make presentations to agency personnel, including selling and pre-selling the station audience attributes.
- Provide exceptional customer service to direct and agency accounts. Personally contact each active account regularly- defined as an in-person meeting, including the presentation of pertinent sales information.
- Obtain credit approval for new accounts.
- Ensure all accounts are paid in a timely manner. Follow up and assist in the collection process for past due accounts.
- Utilization of and proficiency with Sales software.
- Attend special events, such as remotes and broadcasts, which involve clients. These events may occur after business hours and on weekends.
- Complete all written business requirements within established deadlines. These requirements include but are not limited to: forecast reports, pending business updates, written orders and advertising copy.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings, individual meetings with manager and other necessary meetings and training as required by management.
- Have a thorough understanding of rates, promotions, inventory, and personnel. Continue to learn and stay abreast of trends in digital and broadcast advertising industry.
- Maintain regular, reliable attendance.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Build working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Complete other duties as requested and needed.
- Working knowledge of digital marketing and advertising.
- Sales or marketing experience in an environment that creates value for an organization is preferred; and/or experience driving business growth.
- Highly organized, sound judgment.
- Skilled communicator. Ability to establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner. The ability to motivate and instill confidence in clients is critical.
- Strong computer skills.
- Proven professional presentation skills with the ability to close a sale.
- Must be able to drive, have a valid driver`s license for daily travel to client meetings and events and a safe driving history. Driving record will be checked.
Physical Requirements: Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to see, read, hear and speak clearly. Ability to prepare reports, business correspondence, and business proposals. Able to manipulate computer keys and general office equipment, including telephone. Able to drive own vehicle for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events. Requires the ability to think critically, strategically and tactically and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Apply online here EEO Statement Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online here
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER