KOB-TV Producer-Reporter Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-05-24
KOB 4 is lookng for a qualified producer/reporter to write and produce newscasts.
As a Producer, your responsibilities will include "producing," not just stacking newscasts, writing updates and teases, writing for the web, coordinating news coverage, and helping with special projects. We want producers who have passion about the day`s news and what they want to
see in their newscasts. Successful candidates must be able to guide reporters and other staff members in areas such as putting together story elements and the effective usage of graphics and pre-production. Perform other reasonably related duties as assigned by supervisor.
As a reporter, you will enterprise from day one. Our reporters will pitch and turn original stories true to the KOB brand. Our reporters do not and cannot live off the assignment desk. Applicant will handle a variety of news reporting assignments. We emphasize breaking news and stories that hold people accountable. This reporter must be able to get answers to tough questions. We are active, live storytellers. Active live shots are the expectation at KOB Eyewitness News 4. This reporter must write-it-like-he or she-talks-it, can deal with confrontation, and must be able to work at a high level with multiple hard deadlines every day. The right candidate will use the Web and Social Media as second nature to push viewers to our broadcasts, develop a high personal profile and cultivate stories. Our reporters are well-coached with an emphasis on weekly, sometimes daily, feedback.
The ideal candidate must be coachable in both roles and have the ability to receive and apply constructive coaching advice. The newsroom can be a high-stress environment and often requires quick-thinking and effective problem-solving skills, keen interpersonal effectiveness to
communicate quickly and completely, and mut be able to move and adapt to changing needs.
- Four-year Bachelor of Arts degree in journalism or communications or equivalent experience.
- Some experience producing and reporting in a local television newscast preferred.
- Ability to handle a variety of news reporting assignments, including but not limited to, live appearances on the news set, breaking news and remote locations.
- Ability to read, write and speak English well. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to read Teleprompter, to view videotape, and to listen to live and recorded audio.
- Must be knowledgeable of issues, newsmakers, and current events and be able to present stories in a way that is accurate, clear, complete, and relevant to viewers.
- Excellent organization and writing skills including grammar and spelling. Knowledge of production values required.
- Must be flexible to work any assigned shift including nights, weekends, holidays; and extended hours.
- Must have a valid driver`s license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
Physical Requirements: Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing. Work with time sensitive and sometimes confidential information under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills to manipulate computer keys and camera
equipment as well as general office equipment (telephone, copier, etc.). Must be able to move quickly at times from newsroom to edit booths to studio. Sit and/or stand for extended periods of time. Average pushing and pulling, bending and stooping. Travels locally daily. May travel
regionally or nationally from time to time. The Company may make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer. Apply online at www.kob.com Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.
Apply online at www.kob.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER