Finance Director Calvary Chapel of Albuquerque
Apply by 2019-05-22
Calvary Albuquerque is looking for a qualified Finance Director to oversee and manage all business-related aspects to develop, implement, track, and report-on strategic sustainable systems to maximize efficiency and stewardship by providing the Executive Team and Governance Committee’s with clear and accurate financial data to align the financial needs with the church’s long-term vision, mission, and goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Key leadership role in the oversight of the business offices, as to establish and manage church performance indicators and the monitoring of staff performance, to ensure the business office aligns with the Pastoral-led organization.
- Receive directive from Senior Pastor and Chief Pastoral Officer to then cascade communication to direct reports, as to ensure the operation runs as efficiently and effectively, as possible.
- Handle all special projects assigned by the Senior Pastor and Governance Committee’s by carrying-out of the long-term initiatives set-forth.
- Participate in the annual strategic planning and decision-making process with the Executive Team.
- Shepherd the business function, being ready to provide Biblically-sound coaching and counseling within the business departments, in order to encourage spiritual growth and a heart to lead the staff to function at their highest potential and in-line with the cultural axiom’s set-forth.
- Develop and administer effective internal controls regarding expenditures, including the analysis, approval processes, record-keeping, and reporting in order to protect and honor the reputation of the Lord and the church.
- Ensure that the church operates with the utmost sound fiscal management.
- Deliver effective and inspiring leadership and stewardship by being actively involved in all business programs and services across campus.
- Oversee the strategic leadership to develop and deploy the annual operating budget, as well as oversee the planning of capital projects and purchases.
- Be a student of local, regional, national, and international concerns, threats, and risks, and report on findings to the Executive Team and Governing Committee’s.
- Manage, negotiate, and attend to all church-wide corporate leases, personnel agreements, and contracts otherwise.
- Oversee the acquisition, sale, and maintenance of corporate vehicles.
- Oversee the acquisition, sale, and maintenance of church properties.
- Maintain proper oversight of policies and procedures as to protect the ministry from unnecessary risk or exposure.
- Collaborate with Executive Operations Director to develop and administer operational and administrative policies, standards, and practices.
- Collaborate with the Executive Operations Director to ensure all staffing needs and employee benefits are properly managed, while developing and administering personnel-related policies and procedures.
- Enforce proper protocol for compliance with IRS, federal, state, as well as any and all regulatory bodies, while aligning with best practices set-forth.
- Oversee coordination of and communication with all Governance Committee’s.
- Coordinate meeting and reporting activities to all Governance Committee’s.
- Manage all liability, property, and auto insurance policies to manage risk and limit unnecessary exposure.
- Manage banking relationships and handle any financing needs to meet future cash requirements of the church.
- Manage relationships with external legal counsel and handle any legal concerns accordingly.
- Manage relationships with external audit agency, while ensuring that any and all findings are timely addressed, resolved, and reported on.
- Report on the monthly financial statements and key performance indicators to the Executive Team, Governance Committee’s, as well as banking and insurance providers accordingly.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in a related business field, preferred.
- Ministry schooling or equivalent, preferred.
- Applicable Accounting, Finance, or Project Management Certifications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as to accept direction, as needed.
- Proven track record of responsibly maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficient with Mac or PC systems and programs as well as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of this job and the level of work performed by employees in this position.
Apply online today at www.calvaryabq.org Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply online today at www.calvaryabq.org
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER