KOB-TV Business Manager Hubbard Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-05-18
Job Overview: This positon is responsbile for leading all day-to-day business operations for the market. The Business Manager oversees all financial matters related to the stations ensuring that all accounting activities, general ledger reporting, monthly closings, reconciliations and analysis are carried out in compliance with internal and external corporate policies and procedures.
- Job Responsibilities:
Serve as a primary liaison between the station and Hubbard Broadcasting Incorporated`s corporate offices including Accounting, Purchasing, Human Resources, Payroll, IS, and Legal- ensuring information flows smoothly and accurately.
- Monitor and enforce the application of a wide-range of administrative policies (both personnel-related and procedural) to keep station in compliance with external regulators and internal common sense- including but not limited to FCC compliance, music licensing, affiliation agreements, political advertising, business ethics, employment practices, insurance policies, program agreements, etc.
- Manage the station`s operating budgeting process and monitor budget to actual performance throughout the year.
- Develop revenue summary and cost-analysis reports (some routine, others ad hoc).
- Review, evaluate, and approve all station expenses (purchase requisitions, payroll, contracts, invoices, employee expenses and capital expenditures) and ensure that station management and department heads are involved and in sync on same.
- Make recommendations and implement process and policy enhancements as deemed appropriate.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are administered consistently and in compliance with applicable FCC, Federal, and State laws.
- Manage routine business processes including accounting/general ledger, accounts receivable, and credit and collections for KOB-TV, KOBR-TV, KOBF-TV, and other programming streams and platforms.
- Complete many other duties and responsibilities as needed including but not limited to, managing WideOrbit cross-company controls, cross station internet reporting and other unique and ad hoc requests.
Bachelor`s in Business, Accounting or related field highly preferred.
- Minimum 5 years directly related experience including accounting management experience and direct supervision of others.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to improve processes/systems, manage projects from start to finish, and meet multiple deadlines.
- Previous experience with timekeeping and payroll systems (e.g., ADP) preferred.
- Strong bookkeeping and accounting experience along with demonstrated understanding of accounting principles, GAAP, accounting theory and processes, and a strong sense of ethics required.
- Strong computer skills (with a high level competency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access) are required. Job demands extensive report writing, data analysis, and computerized information exchange.
- Good writing skills with a demonstrated ability to write coherent and professional letters and memos as well as to draft and review simple contract language.
- Demonstrated perseverance and ability to get along with a broad range of personalities. Excellent interpersonal communication skills along with quick and clear thinking required.
- Demonstrated aptitude to learn company`s traffic and billing system used within markets.
- ob required keen analytic and problem solving skills.
- Previous experience in media industry preferred though not required.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal background, driving, and consumer financial history background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication or adverse financial history information alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
About Us: Mountains, streams, deserts, ancient ruins, world-class art, varied culture and a crazy-good brew and food scene. That’s the New Mexico life KOB 4 employees enjoy every day. The variety represented in our state drives a news organization that covers a wide range of stories from award-winning investigations and special projects to heart-touching profiles of people and real life issues you won’t find anywhere else. Sound good? Come live in an amazing state and join the KOB 4 team as we proudly “Stand 4 New Mexico”!
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer. Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER