Creative Director Nexstar Broadcasting
Apply by 2019-03-20
The KRQE Media Group is looking for an innovative Creative Director to lead an on-air and online studio, Atomic Creative. This is a senior position where you will shape Atomic Creative at all levels of operations, including business development. The ideal candidate will work with a combination of existing clients, high potential prospective clients and our internal brands/products including, but not limited to, KRQE, Fox New Mexico, KWBQ, and KASY. The Creative Director will be responsible for articulating and presenting creative concepts and multi-platform campaigns to prospective clients and the KRQE Media Group executive team. The right candidate will have the talent and experience in developing powerful creative campaigns that connect with target consumers and deliver results. The position reports to the Creative Services Director and will work closely with the General Sales Manager. Sample script and/or story board submissions would be welcomed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be at the heart of the creative process, working closely with multiple clients, sales account executives, research experts, commercial producers, and graphic artists to produce broadcast television, online, and social media creative
- Must be a hands-on creative with big ideas who will promote a true collaborative environment
- Must be able to strategically sell “big ideas” to the management team and clients
- Lead strategy-focused brainstorms, with aim of directing staff to produce creative campaigns with relevance to intended target audiences from conception through completion
- Responsible for problem solving, creative strategy, quality of creative craft, innovation within creative team, and impact of creative product
- Responsible for the leadership and direction of the creative process of assigned projects, from initial client background briefing to implementation
- Proactively prospect, qualify, grow, and develop new and non-traditional clients
- Must be self-motivated
- Must have strong relationship, communication and persuasive skills
- Must have a strong understanding of brand development and multi-platform marketing concepts
- Excellent writing and verbal skills a must: need to be able to crisply articulate concepts.
- Proven track record of conceiving, planning, and executing creative concepts.
- Proven ability to mentor and develop team members.
- Strong understanding of current digital platforms is a must (website, social, mobile, email, branding, branded content, digital ads, etc.)
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience, plus a minimum of two years’ agency experience preferred.
Training/Equipment: Computer with editing software experience.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Creative Director must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Creative Director position requires an ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, as necessary.
Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Apply online at: https://broadcastcareers-nexstar.icims.com
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER