Board Operator iHeart Media (Gallup)
Apply by 2018-12-01
iHeart stations in Gallup are looking for a qualified Board Operator to provide programming and control board support to On-Air Talent.
- Operates control board for studios and remote programming.
- Regulates program timing, operates syndicated programming, and plays commercials.
- Monitors the technical quality and accuracy of incoming and outgoing on-air programming from master control room
- Supports off-air commercial production, dubbing music to hard disk and programming automation computers.
- Protects station’s license by censoring live programs and deleting words/phrases not permitted on air.
- Executes playlists for server, tape, or simulcast programming.
- Assists with adjusting signal and programming content to ensure transmission meets federally mandated broadcast standards.
- Processes time-out programming for accurate play back.
- Monitors and updates weather, traffic and news reports into automation equipment.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Screens in-coming phone calls and selectively chooses callers for On-Air Talent and talk shows.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates, breaking stories, alert system tests, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows, Adobe Audition or similar audio editing software, Wide Orbit or similar automation system
- Time management and attention to detail
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Flexibility in work schedule, including evenings, overnight and weekends
- Functions well in a fast-paced environment with tight timeframes and multiple demands
- Works well in a team environment
- 6 months in a related role and/or technical training
- High school graduate or G.E.D.
- None required
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title. Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Current employees and contingent workers click here to apply and search by the Job Posting Title.
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER